To avoid mush incidents when cooking Angel Hair and other types of thin pasta or noodles, Follow the Japanese method.
- Bring water to boil on medium-high heat, like you’d do with pasta normally.
- Add thin pasta to the pot.
- When the water starts boiling again, add a cup of cold water.
- Repeat the above step 2 more times.
- Cook shortly until the noodles are al dente. Bite a noodle and see how the middle feels and looks like. The noodle should be cooked through but still have a bite to it.
- Drain. Add sauce and serve, if eating hot.
- If the pasta is to be eaten cold, rinse it under cold water while ‘massaging’ it gently between your hands.